Selecting an SEO Specialist
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the buzzword over the internet and an SEO specialist is someone who helps in keeping the buzzword alive. In more technical terms, an SEO Specialist is someone who has acquired in-depth understanding and knowledge regarding the functioning of various search engines and has the ability to use this knowledge to your advantage. What SEO specialists can do is that they can use their experience and expertise to get your website on the top most positions for various targeted keywords through application of various methods. The SEO specialist is more often than not is also referred to as the Internet Marketing Specialist, Web-marketer, E-marketer, SEO Expert, SEO Guru, or even SEO Consultant.
There are different aspects that you should consider while searching for or choosing an SEO Specialist for improving the overall internet ranking and visibility of your business. The various aspects are:
• An SEO specialist should have a reputation or a good amount of experience in handling optimization of web sites successfully. The specialist should have a record of dealing with different types of design features as well as development languages. Always make it a point to ask for client references and check their portfolio.
• The SEO specialist will be completely and single-handedly responsible for the way your site will be displayed on various search engines as well as directories. You need to gauge how good the SEO expert is and how much visibility he/she can offer you on various search engines so that you can get high targeted traffic as well as have a good ROI.
• The goal of every search engine marketing/SEM campaign is long-term results that are sustainable as well as effective. This basically means that your SEO specialist should avoid using anything that most search engines will consider as spam.
• Your SEO specialist needs to have complete knowledge of what are the ranking criteria of the most popular or top search engines is and what type of deals they have in place?
• Last but not the least, one of the most important aspects is that the SEO Specialist should be able to use all the different methods of mix the various methods of search engine optimization so that you can get the maximum benefit.
The various methods he can incorporate include:
a) Keyword driven content: Finding the top keywords and implementation in your web copy and the links.
b) Navigation: Ensuring that your website has an easy to understand navigation and optimized layout.
c) Tags: Meta Tags, Image Alt Tags and individualized Titles are important for ranking purposes. The SEO expert should be able to ensure that it is embedded into the code.
d) Code: The cleaner, error free, smaller your website code is the more easily it will be identified by search engines and it will also make your website look good.
e) Sitemap: Sitemap is like a guide of the various pages on your website and will help search engines and visitors to locate the different pages of your website.
f) Link Popularity: He should be able to link your website with other relevant websites of good repute.
g) Social Media Marketing: A relatively new concept, it is an integral part of SEO. Always ensure that the SEO Specialist you are speaking with is familiar with the various platforms where Social media marketing can be implemented.
h) PPC: The SEO specialist should be able to guide you through an effective PPC campaign so that you can get maximum traffic to your website and generate revenue
i) Others: The other methods he can use include Affiliate Marketing, Buzz Marketing, Article submissions, Press Releases and Viral Marketing.